JMA iLAB is JMA Solutions’ research and development wing. Our highly qualified team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) collaborates to form work groups around emerging technologies and other innovative solutions to solve complex problems. JMA iLAB aims to:
- Identify Problems and Develop Solutions
- Publish and Present on Leading Edge Topics
- Pursue funding through SBIRs, STTRs, OTAs and partnerships
- Deliver R&D Driven Solutions
- Provide an opportunity for smaller companies to enter the government procurement space
Current JMA iLAB work groups include:
- Advanced Air Mobility: Includes exploring emerging tech, applications and integration of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), UAS Traffic Management (UTM), Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and Advanced Aerial Vehicles (AAV). Since 2019, JMA has partnered with the Drone Resonders Public Safety Alliance, a non-profit program created to unite aerial first responders, emergency managers, and search and rescue specialists under a unified organization to help learn, train, and test with one another. Drone Responders has the ultimate objective of maximizing drone operations for public safety. See JMA's press release on our partnership with Drone Responders.
“We’re very appreciative of the efforts of JMA Solutions to help advance the mission of Drone Responders,” said Chief Werner. “With this partnership we’re able to reach more airspace decision makers and enable more sharing of knowledge, standardizing certifications, creating a global directory of emergency UAS assets and creating more professional UAS operations.”
- Commercial Space: Includes examining emerging tech and issues around launch and re-entry of vehicles, space tourism and space data
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Includes Includes exploring and developing XR applications for private and public implementation
- Aviation Safety: includes participation as "friend of a committee to four Transportation Research Board Standing Committees. The four standing committees include Aviation Safety and Security Management, Safety Data Analyst and Evaluation, Transportation Safety Management Systems and the Task Force on Transit Safety and Security. We contribute in a variety of ways.
“The JMA iLAB’s mission to provide innovative research-based solutions to solve complex challenges for government, corporations and individuals aligns perfectly with the mission of the TRB. We’re very excited to contribute to transportation safety and security research.” said Tony Tisdall, VP of Global Affairs and Aviation Solutions.
Interesting in Joining a Working Group?
Excited about innovation? Have questions?
Participation in JMA iLAB Working Groups is not limited to JMA employees!
Please fill out the form below for more information!